The University of Cantabria (Santander, Spain) offers its Cornell-Cantabria Exchange Program to international students wishing to spend a year or a semester abroad completing core subjects in the field of Engineering. The program covers topics usually taken during junior year by engineering students.
Entrants are required to have completed basic Engineering courses at the home institution. All courses are taught in English by prominent professors from the University of Cantabria and partner Universities.
A maximum of 20 international students is allowed for each unit course. Due to academic and space restrictions admissions are not guaranteed. Grading system is based on continuous evaluation, including mid-term and final exams.
Intensive Spanish courses are offered prior to the beginning of each term. Students may also take Spanish regular courses. An especially designed course on Prehistoric European Art (6 ECTS credits), also taught in English, is offered to the students attending the program in the spring semester.
Please check this pre-requisites prior to your course selection.
You can check the courses, the classes and exams schedules and the list of teachers here.
How to apply
- Complete the on-line application form and Learning Agreement
- On completion, you will be sent a PDF containing the courses of the programme you are applying for.
- Please note that if you choose other courses not included in the English Programme, you will receive two different PDF files.
Important: please take into account that for admission purposes the only valid "Learning Agreement" forms are those generated through the online procedure.
Application periods and deadlines
- First period: 15th March to 30th June.
- Resolution: month of June.
- Second period: 15th August to 1st November.
- Resolution: month of November.
- Fall semester
- Instruction Begins: 21st September 2015
- Christmas break: 23rd December 2015 - 5th January 2016
- Last Day of Classes: 15th January 2016
- Scheduled Exams: 18th January 2016 - 6th February 2016
- Spring semester
- Instruction Begins: 8th February 2016
- ENEIC (Event with Civil Engineering Enterprises): 17th February 2016
- Easter break: 24th March 2016 - 1st April 2016
- Last Day of Classes: 27th May 2016
- Scheduled Exams: 30th May 2016 - 18th June 2016
- Engineering trip
- 4th – 8th April 2016 (to be confirmed)
Faculty of Business - Economics and Law, 1st Floor
Avda. de los Castros, s/n
Tel.: 00 34 942 20 10 38
Fax: 00 34 942 20 10 78