Disclaimer: the information contained in this website is for general information purposes only and, while we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability with respect to the website or the information. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the UC. The inclusion of any external links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.

Health insurance

​Foreign students coming to UC must have medical insurance cover. Registration is not official until copy of the health policy is duly submitted to the IRO (International Relations Office).

European citizens

Citizens of the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland that are entitled to social security in their country of origin should apply for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This card guarantees the same medical cover as Spanish citizens under the National Health System. The Card must be valid for the whole exchange period. Should the card be not valid for the whole period, the student is responsible for its renewal process and for handing it at the International Relations Office.

Those EU students that are not entitled to a European Health Insurance Card must have a private health insurance, the validity of which must cover the whole exchange period.

To register at the UC, it is compulsory to produce upon arrival, either copy of the European Health Insurance Card or copy of the private health insurance policy.

Should the policy not be written in Spanish or English, it is mandatory to produce a translation either in Spanish or English signed and stamped by the Insurance Company or by an official translator including at least, the name of the beneficiary, the duration and the main items and amounts including in the insurance cover.

Non-European citizens

Students from outside the European Union must have a private medical insurance covering medical assistance throughout the complete exchange period. Copy of the policy is to be sent with the application documents prior to their arrival at the UC.

Should the policy not be written in Spanish or English, it is mandatory to produce a legalized translation in Spanish.

For all incoming students, it is highly recommended to contract a complementary insurance including accidents and repatriation.