The period for the submission of applications will
remain open from the day after the publication of the call and until September 26, 2019.
- The incorporation of one researcher (on condition that they prove the non-existence of a contractual relationship with University of Cantabria, UC) and who have already completed the first stage of evaluation of any of the Calls for Starting Grants or Consolidator Grants of the ERC .
Development of a research project and support for the creation of their own research
- Provide a new vacancy for Permanent Professor in the fields related to the professional profile of the beneficiary by opening a public tendering procedure.
|The present Call for Proposals is co-funded by the
Santander Bank (Banco Santander), through the Cooperation Agreement signed with
the University of Cantabria within the funding scheme of International Talent
Attraction, STAR Programme (Santander Talent Attraction for Research), and by
the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Government of Spain.|
The global funding amount to 420,000 €.
- PhD researchers of any nationality, having a
demonstrable post-doctoral experience of at least 3 years after his/her PhD
- The beneficiary will not bear any contractual obligations
or legal links with the University of Cantabria during the previous five years.
- Demonstrate the positive assessment after Step 1 of
ERC panel evaluation in any of the funding schemes listed in the Annex 1, and that
he/she is the Principal Researcher of the received applications.
Obligations of beneficiaries
- Join the designated destination center at the UC within a maximum period of six months from the date of notification of the award decision and comply with the full period of research stay.
- Deliver two reports (economic and scientific) to
the Vice-chancellorship of Research and Transfer of Knowledge at months 10, 22,
34 and 46 (four reporting periods) after the award decision.
- After the six first months of project, the UC
authorization of Ethics in Social Science Research, or authorization of
Bioethics Commission and/or authorization of Committee of Clinical Research of Cantabria will be mandatory submitted.
- The beneficiary will carry out a research project
during the whole duration of the fellowship, in relation to the ERC grant
- The submission of an ERC proposal within the first two
years of the project is mandatory, being the UC the host institution.
- The acceptance commitment of a Department or Research Institutes of the University of Cantabria.
- Publicize the funds of the STAR-Santander Universities Programme and the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport under Cantabria International Campus project within the framework of Campus of International Excellence Programme.
|Grant is limited to a maximum of 420,000.00€.|
Salary of the beneficiary: 260,000.00 € (52,000.00
€ per year).
Maximum total eligible expenses related with development of research activity: up to 160,000.00€
will have five years to finalize the project as for the starting date counting
from the first day of labour contract with the University of Cantabria.
|- All documents required in the application can be
- Necessary documents: See article 7 of the call.
- All the documents can be completed in English or Spanish.
- All the documentation will be submitted in
electronic format in pdf files to the following e-mail:
evaluation of the grants will be assisted by an Evaluation Committee designated
by the UC’s Research Board. |
Vitae including the standard academic and research record, up to 50%
evaluation report, up to 25%
- Feasibility and execution of the project within the duration requested and with the resources and avilable areas of the UC, up to 25%
final grant resolution will be published in the University of Cantabria
|- Call Text.pdf|
- Application Form.doc
- Research Proposal Template.doc
- Letter of Commitment Department_Institute.doc