The aim of this Program is to provide students with an overview of the Spanish historic and contemporary reality in order to deepen their knowledge of Spanish language and culture, which will help them initiate other studies in Spanish and/or complete their humanistic, scientific, experimental and social knowledge.
List of courses
- G1504 Prehistoric European Art + info
- G1806 Spanish History and Culture + info
- G1807 Spanish Language I + info
- G1825 Spanish Language II + info
- G1808 European Culture and Civilization + info
- G1809 Cross-Cultural Spanish Arts + info
- G1810 Contemporary Spain (1939-2009). Politics, Society and Culture + info not offered in 2019/2020
- G1811 Discovering Spanish Landscapes + info
- G1812 Playing with words: the Spanish Literature in its main texts + info
This study program, especially designed for international incoming students, covers areas such as: History, Art, Literature and Geography in the context of Spain.
Program Schedule (2019-2020)
Exams Schedule (2019-2020)
Exams Schedule (September 2018-2019)
Lectures will start on February 4th
All the courses in the Program in Spanish History and Culture are taught by the Faculty of Arts and the Department of Philology academic staff, who have wide experience in teaching in English and have carried out part of their professional training in British and North American universities.
Who is eligible for the Program?
The Program is open to exchange and visiting students at the University of Cantabria that are pursuing a humanistic degree or a complement to their technical education.
Registration takes place at the Office for International Relations at the University of Cantabria, in the ordinary registration period for second semester courses.
For exchange students, these courses will be included in the Student’s Learning Agreement.
Deadline: 1st November